Saturday, November 16, 2013

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #20 ~ One-of-a-Kind**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************
This week, Jaclyn has chosen One-of-a-Kind for the theme. Ahh, this was an easy one for me. :)

My pick is
The One...The Only
Jericho Barrons
from Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series

I know, right?!?


I'm not even going to waste time telling you why I picked Barrons. If you've read the Fever Series, you KNOW why. And if you haven't read the series yet...what rock have you been hiding under?!? Trust me...you WANT to meet Jericho Barrons. And once you do, you'll never be the same! ;)

**Thanks to Talk Supe for the graphic!**

And here's just a little taste of JZB

“Sometimes, Ms. Lane," he said, "one must break with one's past to embrace one's future. It is never an easy thing to do. It is one of the distinguishing characteristics between survivors and victims. Letting go of what was, to survive what is.” JZB, Darkfever
“For what other reason would you have me save you? Because I like you? Better to be useful than liked.” JZB, Bloodfever
“His hand was on my throat, and he was crushing me back with his body into the cold steel beam behind me. "Yes, I have loved, Ms. Lane, and although it‘s none of your business, I have lost. Many things. And no, I am not like any other player in this game and I will never be like V‘lane, and I get a hard-on a great deal more often than occasionally." He leaned fully against me and I gasped. 
"Sometimes it‘s over a spoiled little girl, not a woman at all. And yes, I trashed the bookstore when I couldn‘t find you. You‘ll have to choose a new bedroom, too. And I‘m sorry your pretty little world got all screwed up, but everybody‘s does, and you go on. It‘s how you go on that defines you." His hand relaxed on my throat. "And I am going to tattoo you, Ms. Lane, however and wherever I please.”  JZB, Bloodfever
“One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence”  JZB, Bloodfever
“What are you Barrons?”“The one who will never let you die, and that’s more, Ms Lane, than anyone in your life has been able to say to you. More than anyone else can do” JZB, Bloodfever
“Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are.” JZB, Faefever
“Cat got your tongue? And what a lovely tongue it is. I know. It licked every inch of me. Repeatedly. For months," He purred but with steel in the velvet” JZB to Mac, Dreamfever
“He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"I do.Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.” JZB & Mac, Shadowfever
“Dying is overrated. Human sentimentality has twisted it into the ultimate act of love. Biggest load of bullshit in the world. Dying for someone isn't the hard thing. The man that dies escapes. Plain and simple. Game over. End of pain...Try living for someone. Through it all-good, bad, thick, thin, joy, suffering. That's the hard thing.”  JZB, Shadowfever




11 comments:

  1. OMG, perfect effing choice. I totally told JC that you picked the perfect choice this week. I love Barrons and all his scary oddness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks, Jennifer. Yeah, there was never any question for me as to who to pick. Barrons *sigh*

      Delete
  2. YAY! Guess who I picked, Brandee... You'll have to come visit me to find out ;) I love Barrons, and the quotes you've chosen are perfect to show why he's one of a kind.

    I hope you're having a great weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do we need to work out a book boyfriend sharing schedule, Lexxie?!? LOL

      *sighs* Barrons *sighs*

      Yep, he's definitely one of a kind.

      I hope you're enjoying your weekend, too, Lexxie! *hugs*

      Delete
    2. Ha! Maybe we do need a book boyfriend sharing schedule... But we're really lucky these guys are fictional, I'm pretty sure they can all travel very fast ;)

      I hope you've had a fun weekend. I'm already for classes for next week, I just finished a horrible formal semantics homework, with different logic languages o.O my head feels like it's ready to fall off. I hope next week will slow down a little bit, I'm actually ready for the semester to be over, but there's still five more weeks left. *hugs3

      Delete
  3. Nice pick! Sadly, I've never read this series or met Barrons, but I do have the books. Now I'm even more anxious! Thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I have to tell you - I haven't read KA's book yet and I know how much you love her alpha males, BUT out of ALL the books I've read, Barrons is the one man to which no one else compares. Of course, this is just my opinion. ;) I can't wait to see if he trips your trigger when you read the books! Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  4. He's perfect! I love that you said if you've read the series then you already know why...LOL Too true! And anyone that hasn't read this series, I second the statement to please read it and get to know Jericho. After reading the quotes, I desperately want to jump back into their world. I haven't started the new spin-off yet so I better get on that one. Fantastic choice :D I hope you are having the best weekend! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo.... I haven't read this series *hangs head in shame* but that pic you got up there has me all sorts of interested. Great post Brandee!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm....Barrons! He's definitely one-of-a-kind. But then the world couldn't handle two LOL! Great choice Brandee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been living under a bit of a rock as I haven't tried the Fever series. Hangs head in shame. It is just that there are 10 books in the series now and to do it justice, I'm going to have an awful lot of reading to do. Barrons does sound like a perfect choice though from the excerpts you provided.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??