Tuesday, December 29, 2015

When Life's Kicking Your Butt, How About a Theme Song ~ December


Once again, my pal, Robyn, over @robgirlbooks, has us creating a soundtrack for our lives. This challenge is all about sharing the music you listen to when you need motivation, or to celebrate, or when you're happy or sad, or when you're cleaning, etc. Sounds fun, yeah? Here's how it works... Robyn gives us a theme every month and we post songs that fulfill that theme as it applies to us. Then at the end of the year, we'll have a playlist!

The playlist for 2014 can be found here (youtube link) if you're interested. I enjoyed sharing my family's musical tastes with y'all and I enjoyed being introduced to some new music. I'll post the playlist for 2015 once Robyn has it ready. 


***

I've been just awful with this meme this year. This is only my 7th post. But I wanted to go out with a bang. ;) Robyn picked a great theme for December ~ a song that makes you feel optimistic about 2016. I'm feeling like 2016 is gonna be a great year - one where I'll get these posts done every month. ;)


Here are our choices:


My Pick
Dixie Chicks always makes me smile and since 2016 will be a year where Sky will be leaving for her own Wide Open Spaces, I thought this song was fitting. :D




James' Pick
James had a hard time picking but ended up being able to find something relatively optimistic by Death Cab for Cutie. ;)




Sky's Pick
Sky 's pick is from a band I took her to see back in October...A Silent Film.




Berk's Pick
Berk's choice is...from a musical. Naturally. ;) 




Jax's Pick
Jax is still a fan of Finding Nirvana, so his pick is Tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??