Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #62 ~ Remember When #2 ~ T. Torrest (@TTorrest)


I'm currently binging on T. Torrest's Remember When trilogy. It's so much fun! So I thought I'd share...

***

But for the time being at least, we were able to sit in relative obscurity in a booth at some no-name eatery on 45th, polishing off the rest of our late-night snack Seemed like old times, just sitting in a diner with Trip, as we licked the last remnants of whipped cream off our lips.
Off our own lips. Just wanted to be clear on that.
I'd had the Snickers pie, and Trip had opted for the apple. With vanilla ice cream. And a side order of cheese fries with gravy. And an egg cream, the last of which he slurped out of the bottom of his glass.
We'd stopped off at a liquor store on the way to the diner, and I saw the fifth of Jack Daniels make another appearance from under his jacket as he spiked his gazillionth Coke.
I watched him in amazement, wondering where he put it all. He'd commandeered the majority of our vat of popcorn during the movie, then proceeded to down a junk-food feast of epic proportions at the diner. "You better watch it, Chester. You're gonna get fat and then no one'll ever hire you again."
He leaned back in his seat, patting his hands across his taut belly. "Impossible. I am a study in superior genetics."
Yep. That he was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??