Thursday, July 4, 2013

**Feature & Follow #25**


Happy Friday and welcome to the Blog Hop! 

Feature & Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by the talented ladies behind AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee's View. The intent of this blog hop is to get out there and meet other bloggers and gain new followers yourself. What sets this blog hop apart is the Feature. Each week, two blogs are featured, one at AlisonCanRead and one at Parajunkee's View. So make sure to hop over to those blogs to check out this week's Features.

This week's Features are:
The Reading Realm
The Attic

This week's question is:
Today is Independence Day in the US. Share your favorite book involving a war or a government being overthrown.

Hmm, well, there are quite a few books I could list here. LOTS really. But I'm gonna go with a series of books that I feel don't get enough love. Pamela Clare has a series of historical romances set during the French and Indian War. The series is MacKinnon's Rangers. The books, in order, are Surrender, Untamed, and Defiant. These books are based on an actual person who led a group of Rangers during this war. What I find utterly amazing about these books is the historical accuracy in them. Ms. Clare did an incredible amount of research to make sure they accurately describe the places, events and people during this time. I can't say enough good things about this series! If you enjoy historical romance, I highly recommend this series!!



What are some of y'all favorites??



19 comments:

  1. I'm not generally into historical romance, but I can't completely write them off so I would look more into it for sure since you recommend it so highly. Thanks so much for sharing! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first one of these way back when I was first branching out into other genres. I had to wait several years for the next books because Ms. Clare takes so much time researching. But it definitely makes the books worth the wait!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mei. The Torturer's Daughter is a good choice, as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice. Not a historical romance reader either, so these are new to me!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hopping by, Jessica! I hope you have a nice weekend too! :)

      Delete
  4. I went with Claire Ashgrove. New RSS follower. Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vilia! I added your picks to my TBR. I love stories involving Templars. :) Thanks for following too. I followed back. :)

      Delete
  5. Nothing makes me happier than a historical fiction read that is historically accurate. I think I'll check out this series. It looks pretty good.

    I follow via bloglovin

    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is well worth your time, Lizzy. I've actually read them all twice! ;) Thanks so much for following. I'm following you too!

      Delete
  6. These look really, really good Brandee! Thanks for sharing - and for getting me to add yet more books to my TBR ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend! And thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, they are, Lexxie! You may not care that much about the French and Indian War, but MacKinnon's Rangers were led by a brawny Scottish Highlander and his brothers. Nothing better than a brawny Highlander! LOL I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of those but they sound incredible! Thanks for the recommendation Brandee! I'll be adding to my TBR with these. Have a great weekend :D

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Traci, they are sooo incredible! :) I just know you'll love them too! Thanks for hopping by and have yourself a fabulous weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm not generally into historical romance eiter, but sounds good.

    Old follower.

    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/07/feature-and-follow-17-books-and-wars.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think you'd enjoy this series even if you don't typically read historicals. They truly are phenomenal! Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  9. Interesting picks! I'm a new follower via Bloglovin'!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read any historical romances yet, but you saying they're historically accurate places them at the top of the list. I already have Fierce on my summer reading list because of your review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of any of these, but those covers certainly make me want to check them out hehe!

    Thanks for stopping by - new bloglovin follower :)

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??