Saturday, February 1, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase #30 ~ Swoonworthy**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************
For this month of LOVE, our sidekicks will be of the romantic persuasion...or just plain HOT! Yep, that's right. I'm gonna share my book boyfriends this month. Enjoy it because I don't really like to share. *grins*

My first pick is
Will Cooper
from Colleen Hoover's Slammed Series


Honestly, when I read our topic for this month, Will immediately sprung to mind. What's not to love about a boy who gave up quite a lot in order to care for his younger brother, who makes grilled cheese sandwiches for the dinner part of a date before taking his date to see a poetry slam, and who expresses himself in beautiful, amazing poems?!? He's an English teacher - and yes, I'll swoon over that every, single time! Oh, and he happens to love The Avett Brothers, who are one of my favorite bands. 

I'm sure you've all read Slammed but I'm quite sure I read it first. :) And that means I have dibs on Mr. Cooper. But I'll share him...since it's a short month. ;)

***

I've spent the last two years of my life trying to convince myself that I made the right decision for him. So my job? My career? This life I'm trying to build for this little boy? I take it very seriously. It is a big deal. It's a very big deal to me. 


***

The points are not the point; the point is poetry.  


***

And if you've ever grown up with dreams in your head about life, and how one of these days you would pirate your own ship and have your own crew and that all of the mermaids

would love

only

you?

Well, you would realize...

Like I eventually realized...

That all the good things about her?

All the beautiful?

It's not real.

It's fake.

So you keep your ocean,

I'll take the Lake.” 

6 comments:

  1. I still won't dare read this series. I was told that I will bawl my eyes out... and I don't like books that make me cry LOL (I'm a wimp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you crack me up! You read it first so you get dibs. So confession time. I have not read Slammed. I requested my library to buy it ages ago and they bought all her other books. Hello! But then it was on sale for .99 cents. Even though I'm reading it last, I think a tussle is coming. I hope you have a great weekend, not too great....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of with Braine on this. I do have the whole series, even signed!, and still won't read them. Will sounds amazing, though.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he sounds amazing! Can we clone him so we can share? I would definitely want an English teacher that takes care of his younger brother and loves poetry. Plus, who doesn't like a good grilled cheese?? Now I'm wishing someone would set me up on a blind date with someone like Will. LOL I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WILLLLL!!! Will is my favorite! I love love LOVE him! Now I want to re-read these!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??