Friday, January 9, 2015

#FitReaders Challenge ~ Week 1 Check-in


FitReaders2015

The #FitReaders Challenge is hosted by Felicia the Geeky Blogger and That's What I'm Talking About. For all the details on this challenge, click on the button above.

***

Okay, so I this is my first week doing #FitReaders. It was my first week back to eating healthy and exercising after the holidays. :) I had a pretty good week. I got a membership to my local rec center and a Misfit Flash for Christmas. I just got my Flash going yesterday, so it'll help me keep track of what I'm doing daily. 

On Monday, I worked. I also worked today and wore my Flash. Based on what my Flash said for today, I can guesstimate that I walked about 10000 steps. That's ~3 miles. 

On Tuesday, I went to my first ever yoga class - and it's a combination of tai chi, yoga, and pilates. It was awesome. 

On Wednesday, I went to an interval class. It kicked my ass, y'all. Just sayin'. 

Yesterday, I spent 30 minutes on my elliptical and 30 minutes on my treadmill - for a total of about 4.5 miles. 

And today, as I already said, I worked. Not only did I walk about 10, 200 steps, I was some heavy lifting, and lots of squatting. :) I work at Barnes & Noble, for those of you who don't know. 

Also, I did well with eating - which makes me happy. AND, I went to bed early this week, getting at least 6 hours of sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Great job. You're great at mixing up the exercises, which is supposed to be better for you. I need to expand my exercises. I'm mostly treadmill, though I've added a 30 day ab challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie! Oof, an ab challenge?!? That's something I really need! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good girl! I was exercising before Christmas, but since... blah! I hurt my toe while we were away (still not sitting straight like it was before) but I hope to get back into it next week. So hard when the kids are home!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to do when the kids are home, Naomi. But you'll get back to it - just like I have. And I hope your toe is better soon! It's awful to try to do much when a toe is hurt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome!!! You go girl!!! I am back at school so hopefully I'll be back to eating healthier than before, during my month break. I wish you luck on your journey to a healthier you!!! I happily only gained 4 pounds over break so I am feeling pretty good about myself...for now lol

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??