Thursday, August 20, 2015

That's What HE Said #35 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #14



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Shuttergirl by CD Reiss

*ha* I've been on a CD binge lately, too.   


***
"Laine, I want you. I care about you. You give me something I've never had before. You're a devil in high heels, but you...God, I want you. You. Your body, yes, but everything else too. I want ot make everything in your world right. I can't help it. Let me in. Just let me in."




*~*~*~*~*~*


This is a scene where Laine is trying to get her brother, Tom, to go talk to a girl. Tom is, um, shall we say socially awkward. ;) So he needs a little liquid courage. I liked the dynamic between Laine and Tom a lot. Reiss conveyed the closeness of the relationship well.


Tom tapped his fingers, looked at Leo, then Sparkly Shoes, then back at Leo. "Three shots of tequila. One, two, three. Line them up right here with a beer at the end."
"There's a man who knows how to party!" Leo shouted.
I sighed into my glass, disappointed. I had the feeling that despite my best intentions for Tom, I'd be driving the Exploder home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??