Thursday, February 25, 2016

That's What HE Said #53 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #34



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

A Different Blue by Amy Harmon


***

"Blue. If this was simply about attraction, you and I would hever have left Reno. We would still be in the crappy hotel room, starkers, ordering room service...or, more likely, pizza from dowh the road. But for me, with you, sex is not the goal. Do you understand that?"

...

"Someday...hopefully bloody soon - because I will combust if I ever have to spend a night like that again - you will want me because you love me, not because you're lost, not because you're desperate, not because you're afraid. And that's the goal."


*~*~*~*~*~*

This scene is between Blue, Wilson, and Bev and is from Amy Harmon's A Different Blue

My shift usually ended at seven, and Wilson walked in that Monday at sever on the dot. He still wore slacks and a light blue dress shirt, rolled at the elbows. It was his standard school attire. Bev winked at him and gave me the go ahead to clock out. I joined him for a sandwich and a glass of lemonade, sighing as I wiggled my toes and rolled my stiff shoulders.
Bev made sure she served Wilson his standard tomato-and-grilled-cheese-with-french-fries personally, though Bev always called them chips, as if to make Wilson feel right at home. He thanked her and said everything looked absolutely "scrummy."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??