Monday, March 20, 2017

New Release Review ~ Anarchy Missing ~ JA Huss (@JAHuss) #2017NewRelease

Anarchy Missing (SuperAlpha, #2)Anarchy Missing by JA Huss
SuperAlpha #2
Release Date: March 14, 2017
Genre: Adult, Superhero/SuperVillain Romance
Source: I received an eARC from the author. This did not affect my rating and I voluntarily provided a review.
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2017NewRelease
Goodreads

Synopsis
Everyone wants justice.
That's what Assistant DA, Lulu Lightly, tells me.
"Cathedral City needs you to set things right," she says. "To rid this place of corruption once and for all."
I'd like to rid Lulu Lightly of her clothes. And maybe her moral superiority. But mostly her clothes.
"I want you to fight the good fight with me," she says.
Hell, yeah. I'm always up for a fight.
"We should stand up and be the voice of the people," she says.
Sur, I hear voices. Sometimes I even listen to them.
"Figure out what's good for the City and put it first," she says.
Oh, honey...what's good for the City is bad for the people. Trust me, I know. I'm Case Reider - insane Alpha, nerfarious inventor, and I understand this town better than anyone.
Cathedral City needs me all right. Just not the way you think.
I'm not the justice you're looking for, Lulu Lightly.
I'm still the same villain you left behind.
Only now... there's something very, very wrong with me.




It's been awhile since I visited Cathedral City with its mountains and spires and corruption and... superheroes. Or are they supervillains? Whichever category they fall into, Huss had me falling for this next Alpha almost immediately - despite his valid concerns about his sanity.

Reading Anarchy Missing is akin to watching a Marvel movie - riveting and exciting from the get-go. I was immersed in this world from page one where we're able to see how our Alphas attain their uniqueness, watch them acquire their girl, and deal with a crisis... all they while planning for the thing that they're really intent on accomplishing. In Anarchy Missing we meet Lulu (I LOVE her name!!), someone Case was involved with years ago. She comes back to town with a purpose - that being Lady Justice. I adored Lulu. She's intelligent and strong, and even though she wants to serve up justice, she's not so hellbent on it that she can't look deeper - consider all sides. Case is this super-talented high-tech designer/developer. He's the same loyal guy we met in Anarchy Found, yet different. He still has strong feelings for Lulu but believes he isn't good for her - especially since he keeps having this feeling...that something is wrong with him. And there just might be.

All the Alphas are very present in this installment - banding together to figure out what the latest evil invading their city is. They can't be villains, can they?!? Molly and Sheila are also present which makes the story that much more gripping because the entire cast is well-developed - even AI Sheila - and that development along with the dynamics between them all gives the story more depth.

This world Huss has created with all its unique high-tech gadgetry and medicine, its evil villains and superheroes who might be supervillains is so entertaining and fascinating. Huss is still in the building phase and I'm hopefuly we get another Alpha book this year so we can get a better idea of where the Alphas are leading Cathedral City. Plus, I want to see Thomas get his girl. *wink*

Only Huss could take me out of my comfort zone genre-wise and make me grateful for the experience. I haven't gotten my paperback yet (book buying ban) but I'm hoping it has all the hand-drawn art to complete the comic book feel. The art was a real bonus in the first installment so I hope it's carried throughout. As for the story, there are questions, of course, but I know in the end all will be answered. And so I'll anxiously await my next trip to Cathedral City.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??